Dr. Rui YANG, associate professor
Institute of Polymer Science and Engineering
Department of Chemical Engineering
Tsinghua University, Beijing, 100084, P.R.China
Advanced Instrumental Analysis of Polymer Materials, for undergraduates
Education and working experience
- 1989-1994 Tsinghua University, BS
- 1994-1996 Tsinghua University, MS
- 2002-2005 Tsinghua University, PhD
- 1996-present Department of Chemical Engineering(DCE), Tsinghua University, associate professor since 2004
- 2008-2009 Newcastle University, visiting scholar
- 2013-present Vice director of DCE
- Aging of polymer materials
By investigating the structural changes, morphology changes and property changes of polymer materials during natural and artificial aging, we try to study the aging mechanism and find out the key factors that contribute to the degradation. Based on these knowledge, we hope to guide study on new materials with long-term stability or inversely, obtain controllable degradability.
Roll of interface chemistry and interfacial area in degradation of polypropylene
Photo-induced grafting and compatibilization
An in-situ stability evaluation system developed in our lab
- Heat storage material based on phase change material (PCM)
PCMs can absorb or release heat during their phase change procedure. This feature can be used in storage of solar energy and thus temperature regulating.
Shape-stabilized PCM is composed of polymer matrix and PCM dispersed in the matrix. It has good processability and can prevent PCM from leakage during heating or cooling. Its applications include house warming, instrument protection from over-heating etc.
When disperse PCM particles in a fluid, we obtain a functional fluid with improved heat transfer ability. In addition, the PCM particles in the fluid are also helpful for the convection enhancement. Therefore, this functional fluid can be used widely in air-conditioner and heat exchanger.
PCM emulsion and fluid test apparatus
- Structure characterization of polymer materials
FTIR, PGC-MS, GPC, etc., are used to study the molecular structure, morphology and reaction of polymer materials.
- Xuan Liu, Jiaohong Zhao, Rui Yang*, Rossana Iervolino, Stellario Barbera, A novel in-situ aging evaluation method by FTIR and the application in thermal oxidized nitrile rubber, Polymer Degradation and Stability, 2016, 128, 99-106
- Jiaohong Zhao, Xuan Liu, Rui Yang*, Jian Yu, “Disappearance” of filler - An interesting interface evolution during photo-oxidative aging of polypropylene composites, Journal of Applied Polymer Science, 2015, 132(38), 11268-11275
- Xuan Liu, Jiaohong Zhao, Ying Liu, Rui Yang*, Volatile components changes during thermal aging of nitrile rubber by flash evaporation of Py-GC/MS, Journal of Analytical and Applied Pyrolysis, 2015, 113, 193-201
- 赵皎宏，李一枫，杨睿*，于建，远程“传染”对聚丙烯光氧老化的影响，高分子学报，2015, 4, 369-373
- Jiaohong Zhao, Rui Yang*, Rossana Iervolino, Stellario Barbera, The effect of thermo-oxidation on the continuous stress relaxation behavior of nitrile rubber, Polymer Degradation and Stability, 2015, 115, 32-37
- Jiaohong Zhao, Rui Yang*, Rossana Iervolino, Stellario Barbera, Investigation of crosslinking in thermo-oxidative aging of NBR, Journal of Applied Polymer Science, 2015, 132, 41319
- 杨睿，聚合物复合材料老化研究的现状及挑战，高分子材料科学与工程，2015, 31(2), 181-185
- Bin Du, Rui Yang*, Xuming Xie, Investigation of hydrolysis in poly (ethylene terephthalate) by ATR-FTIR, Chinese Journal of Polymer Science, 2014, 32(2), 230-235
- Jiaohong Zhao, Rui Yang*, Rossana Iervolino, Stellario Barbera, Changes of chemical structure and mechanical property levels during thermo oxidative aging of nitrile rubber, Rubber Chemistry and Technology, 2013, 86(4), 591-603
- Rui Yang*, Jiaohong Zhao, Ying Liu, Oxidative degradation products analysis of polymer materials by pyrolysis gas chromatography-mass spectrometry, Polymer Degradation and Stability, 2013, 98(12), 2466-2472
- Jiaohong Zhao, Rui Yang*, Jian Yu, Interfacial effect on photo-oxidation of PP via model blends, Polymer Degradation and Stability, 2013, 98(10), 1981-1987
- Degradation of polymer materials – from the very beginning, IUMRS International Conference in Asia (IUMRS-ICA 2016)暨中国材料大会2016
- Lifetime prediction of nitrile rubber by a sensitive in-situ stability evaluation method, International Confederation for Thermal Analysis and Calorimetry (ICTAC 2016)
- Photo-oxidation of polymer composites, 9th International Symposium on Weatherability (ISW) & 3rd International Workshop on Polymer Degradation and Stability